Five Must-Consider Elements for Any and All Commercial Property Developers in 2021
If you are a commercial property developer or work within this industry, there are a few things you should know about how to continue doing business successfully in 2021. Read on to get five must-consider elements on how you might advance your company, then contact ECL Software at 800-625-5972 to learn about fund control software that could make a big difference.
- Everything You Do Should Be Designed for Flexibility With so many changes in 2020, most people want to get back to a feeling of normalcy. Unfortunately, all signs point to that reality being very far away. Instead, we must be flexible on how we move forward with business. No matter what you are designing or working on, make sure that it is flexible for various clients and customers so you can pivot when needed.
- Everything You Integrate Should Be Sustainable Whether it is a physical structure, such as a plaza space for buyers, or it is upgraded software. Everything needs to be sustainable. This means that it should both have as small a carbon footprint as possible, but also that it should be used for as long as possible. Even when it comes to downloading software, the longer it will last, the more sustainable you will be.
- Social Equity As you are developing a property, you want to be thinking of social equity. For a designer, this means taking active steps to make sure that people feel welcome in the property you are developing. Depending on the area and your background, this might be something you do intrinsically, or it might require you to take special care.
- Think About Yearlong Use Ideally, people would be able to use the property all year long. In warmer states like California, this often means just making sure that there are overhead hangings in case it rains, while in cooler states, it might mean something like figuring out how to turn a water activity pool into an ice skating rink during winter months.
- Talk to the Community About Amenities Do not make any assumptions about what people want or do not want. If you talk to the community and let them inform you on things they want and do not want, they are much more likely to embrace the development. You can do this via meetings or online surveys.
We Can Help with the Technology
At ECL Software, we specialize in fund control for all types of real estate entities. If you are ready to see how our software can help you, contact us at 800-625-5972 for a free demo right away.